Gordon's Bay is the ideal destination for those visiting the Western Cape , as it is centrally located and perfect for venturing to Cape Town, Grabouw, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Hermanus & various other towns, sights & attractions of interest.
This picturesque, seaside town is a 1.5km drive from the Blue Horizon Guest House. Absorb all the sights and sounds of this quaint village as you stroll along the promenade, acquaint yourself with the various curios shops and enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants or outdoor cafes.
Perhaps you'd like to head out to the ocean - sail, fish, scuba dive and for those with an adventurous spirit, Gordon's Bay even offers paragliding, cable water-skiing, wakeboarding, horse-riding and more...
Of a calmer nature, then a relaxing Sunset Cruise would be ideal for you. We also have some of the most stunning scenic drives in the Cape. Take the coastal route from Gordon’s Bay, and be amazed at the beauty — (you may even get to see a few cheeky baboons along the roadside), and from July to November witness the Southern Right whales as they visit our coastline to nurture their young. Stop in at Betty’s Bay Penguin Colony, just 34km from Gordon’s Bay and experience these wonderful creatures in their natural habitat. On sunny days you can spot a few ‘Dassies’ (rock Hyrax) soaking up the sun, as they lounge on the rocks, along the colony footpath.
For those of you who enjoy the beauty of the mountains, there are several biking and hiking trails in the area. There is even a wonderful guided walk & wine-tasting, taking in several Helderberg Wine Estates — pre booking essential. These estates are just 5km from Blue Horizon Guest House. A 25 minute drive will take you in to the heart of the Stellenbosch wine lands, and Franschoek ’s offerings are 70kms away.
Golfing enthusiasts have 3 eighteen-hole golf courses to choose from, within a short drive from Blue Horizon Guest House. Travel a little further a field and you will realise that golfers, visiting the Cape, are spoilt for choice.
Cape Town City Centre - 55km
Table Mountain - 57km
V&A Waterfront - 57km
Cape Point - 89km
Stellenbosch - 30km
Franschoek - 70km \
Grabouw - 21km
Betty’s Bay Penguins - 34km
Hermanus - 72km
Recommended Local Dining:
- Zest, beach road in Gordon's Bay, offers sea views and a delicious, varied menu.
- The Thirsty Oyster Tavern, at the old harbour in Gordon’s Bay , offers tasty pub style dining. A popular venue with the locals. Stop in, have a drink and enjoy the weekend entertainment.
- Alforno Italian Restaurant ( Gordons Bay ), is right across from the beach. The perfect place to relax and enjoy your surroundings — wonderful food.
- The Ocean Basket ( Gordons Bay ), is situated at the new harbour. For great seafood, at reasonable prices, in a casual atmosphere.
- Ben’s on the Beach ( Strand ), offers delicious dining in a perfect setting— a favourite with locals and visitors alike.
There is so much more to offer and we at Blue Horizon Guest House would like to take the opportunity to introduce you to our little part of Africa.
We are happy to help arrange your activity bookings, tours, car hire & golfing tee times.